Medication Disposal Unit Locations
Central Oregon Prescription Drug Disposal Units and Locations
Volunteers in Medicine
Volunteers in Medicine accepts unopened medications for their charitable pharmacy. The below requirements must be met before any medication can be accepted:
- The prescription is in the manufacturer’s original, factory sealed container. Bottles must be unopened with the seal intact. Blister packs are ok.
- The prescription’s expiration date is at least 9 months and one day away on the date of donation.
- The prescription medication has been stored properly according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- A donor form is completed and signed at the time of donation. Donation forms are available on the Volunteers in medicine website:
Volunteers in Medicine cannot accept:
- Controlled substances, such as pain medications, narcotics, etc.
- If the medication has an expiration date of less than 9 months
- Packages containers that have been opened and no longer have the manufacturer’s seal intact
- Over-the-counter items such as aspirin, vitamins, etc.
If all criteria are met, medications can be mailed to :
Volunteers in Medicine Clinic of the Cascades
2300 NE Neff Rd.
Bend, OR 97701
For questions call (541)585-9001